It is currently Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:37 am


Bach is the greatest composer ever.

Talk about your tunes, be it classical or hard rock...

Postby idk » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:09 pm

Dr J wrote:
idk wrote: from what I saw Affray backed up most of his comments with proof.


You must be seeing things, because, as you can see from my highly rigorous response, he didn't have any proof.


oh you did not just try to feed me that line of bullshit did you?

please, my peer, do you understand logic? if so then you should quite understand this proverb.

"He who blames, usually is to blame."

highly rigorous response? all I see in your posts is facts built upon little, he however has shown real sufficient proof, I'm not a fool my young child.

heed thy words, heed my warnings.
I do not believe bullshit, I have observed your arguments quite closely actually. I mean no offence in anything I say, but when you jab at me like that, I will jab back and it won't be pretty.
User avatar
idk
supreme nerd
 
Posts: 894
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:09 am
Location: Ontario, Canada.

Postby welshnerd » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:12 pm

Dr J wrote:
idk wrote:please, stop it with the upright stupidity


Don't be disrespectful.


Respect is Earned Dr J. You give idk none, and he returns the favour.
User avatar
welshnerd
nerd god
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:05 pm
Location: Wales

Postby MileHighGeekGuy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:12 pm

Dr J wrote:
idk wrote: from what I saw Affray backed up most of his comments with proof.


You must be seeing things, because, as you can see from my highly rigorous response, he didn't have any proof.


My turn to enter into this pointless squabble.

(No offense to either parties involved, I don't think you realized it was pointless)

You're arguing over the validity of each others arguments, which is absurd.

This is a shamefully immature thing that you are all doing, and I just want to make it clear that no matter how this thing turns out...

Nobody will have learned a bloody thing.

So, my vote is that we halt all of this rubbish right now and get back to being the mature people we want to be, and most of the time are.

Nobody is justified when it comes to an argument with no point.

Justifying yourself is like putting your finger in a pond and then taking it out.

It's cool and feels good but really waste of time.

Unless your finger is burned or something, but then I would recommend an ice pack or something, because who knows what could reside in a pond of water.

This is assuming that the pond that you are dipping your finger into is in the middle of nowhere or in some similar area of which nobody really knows anything about at any specific point in time at any specific place.

That is to say the water is not safe.

And to sum it all up I just have to say that small tame ice-packs from your freezer are far more respectable then this big bloated egotistical pond you're all sticking your poor burned fingers in.

My blatant metaphorical constructive-flameage of your argument is over.

Anyone that tries to disassemble or correct anything in this post will simply prove my point further.
User avatar
MileHighGeekGuy
nerd god
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:03 am

Postby Dr J » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:14 pm

welshnerd wrote:
Dr J wrote:
idk wrote:please, stop it with the upright stupidity


Don't be disrespectful.


Respect is Earned Dr J. You give idk none, and he returns the favour.


Where am I disrespectful to idk?
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
User avatar
Dr J
wise nerd
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:17 pm
Location: Weltferne Einsamkeit

Postby idk » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:17 pm

trust me milehigh, we have tried, all but J.
I only react, when challenged.


I however admit it was rude of me to say "stop with the upright stupidity" and I apologize for that.

now I am done with the argument, however, if again jabbed, I won't hinder to return the favor.
User avatar
idk
supreme nerd
 
Posts: 894
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:09 am
Location: Ontario, Canada.

Postby Dr J » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:17 pm

MileHighGeekGuy wrote:
You're arguing over the validity of each others arguments, which is absurd.

This is a shamefully immature thing that you are all doing, and I just want to make it clear that no matter how this thing turns out...



Yeah, here are a couple of 'immature' people arguing over the validity to each other's argument. :roll:

Fr. Copleston vs. Bertrand Russell
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
User avatar
Dr J
wise nerd
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:17 pm
Location: Weltferne Einsamkeit

Postby idk » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:19 pm

oh the irony... :roll:
User avatar
idk
supreme nerd
 
Posts: 894
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:09 am
Location: Ontario, Canada.

Postby welshnerd » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:23 pm

Dr J wrote:
welshnerd wrote:
Dr J wrote:
idk wrote:please, stop it with the upright stupidity


Don't be disrespectful.


Respect is Earned Dr J. You give idk none, and he returns the favour.


Where am I disrespectful to idk?


To that I could present you with the question:

When are you respectful to me?

My apologies go to MileHighGeekGuy for this mindless and petty squabbling. Of which I am prepared to withdraw my participation were it not for the unnecessary provocation.
User avatar
welshnerd
nerd god
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:05 pm
Location: Wales

Postby Dr J » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:31 pm

welshnerd wrote:To that I could present you with the question:

When are you respectful to me?


Quid pro quo, welshnerd.
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
User avatar
Dr J
wise nerd
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:17 pm
Location: Weltferne Einsamkeit

Postby welshnerd » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:39 pm

Dr J wrote:
welshnerd wrote:To that I could present you with the question:

When are you respectful to me?


Quid pro quo, welshnerd.


Well unlike you who answers using rhetorical answers I will give a simple and reasonable answer which cannot be mis-understood of mis-interpreted.

Dr J I fully respected you until you created the thread Bach is the greatest composer ever and posted I dare anyone to disabuse me of this belief as the first post. This lost my respect as it was hostile, ignorant of other opinions and narrow minded.

You completely lost any repect when you posted I consider myself better qualified to talk about it (music) than other people in the Instruments anyone? thread. I no longer have any respect for you as that comment degraded all other members of the forum and was extremely arrogant.
User avatar
welshnerd
nerd god
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:05 pm
Location: Wales

Postby MileHighGeekGuy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:50 pm

Oh for the love of GOD stop it already.

This is the most shameless and immature thing I've ever seen on this forum.

Every last one of you are to blame, take your egos and shove them up into the darkest place you can find and let this bloody frivolity go.

Nobody needs to waste their time defending themselves, and in turn it's useless to try to argue with someone who won't argue back.
User avatar
MileHighGeekGuy
nerd god
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:03 am

Postby welshnerd » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:53 pm

MileHighGeekGuy wrote:Oh for the love of GOD stop it already.

This is the most shameless and immature thing I've ever seen on this forum.

Every last one of you are to blame, take your egos and shove them up into the darkest place you can find and let this bloody frivolity go.

Nobody needs to waste their time defending themselves, and in turn it's useless to try to argue with someone who won't argue back.


Well said. Well said. Finally a voice of sanity has joined the thread.

Plus I absolutely love your statement I have emboldened in the quotation above.
User avatar
welshnerd
nerd god
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:05 pm
Location: Wales

Postby idk » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:56 pm

your right milehigh, well said.

I'm done now :p
User avatar
idk
supreme nerd
 
Posts: 894
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:09 am
Location: Ontario, Canada.

Postby Dr J » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:10 pm

welshnerd wrote:Dr J I fully respected you until you created the thread Bach is the greatest composer ever and posted I dare anyone to disabuse me of this belief as the first post. This lost my respect as it was hostile, ignorant of other opinions and narrow minded.


How is being of the opinion that Bach is the greatest composer hostile? :?:

Sure, daring people to disabuse me was provocative, but then I was trying to provoke a discussion.

Why would I have to be knowledgeable about people's opinions to post a thread saying I think Bach's the greatest composer?


welshnerd wrote:You completely lost any repect when you posted I consider myself better qualified to talk about it (music) than other people in the Instruments anyone? thread. I no longer have any respect for you as that comment degraded all other members of the forum and was extremely arrogant.


For the last time dude, I was referring specifically to judgement over rock and pop in comparison to world music.

I believe this is the third or fourth time I've stated that. Please keep up!
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
User avatar
Dr J
wise nerd
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:17 pm
Location: Weltferne Einsamkeit

Postby MileHighGeekGuy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:12 pm

Dr J wrote:
welshnerd wrote:Dr J I fully respected you until you created the thread Bach is the greatest composer ever and posted I dare anyone to disabuse me of this belief as the first post. This lost my respect as it was hostile, ignorant of other opinions and narrow minded.


How is being of the opinion that Bach is the greatest composer hostile? :?:

Sure, daring people to disabuse me was provocative, but then I was trying to provoke a discussion.

Why would I have to be knowledgeable about people's opinions to post a thread saying I think Bach's the greatest composer?


welshnerd wrote:You completely lost any repect when you posted I consider myself better qualified to talk about it (music) than other people in the Instruments anyone? thread. I no longer have any respect for you as that comment degraded all other members of the forum and was extremely arrogant.


For the last time dude, I was referring specifically to judgement over rock and pop in comparison to world music.

I believe this is the third or fourth time I've stated that. Please keep up!


Dr J, please keep up, the argument has ended.
User avatar
MileHighGeekGuy
nerd god
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron