It is currently Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:00 pm

Help needed!

Show off your talents here. Links and talk of computer graphics only please!

Help needed!

Postby Ihave5gigsofRAM » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:56 pm

Im a complete and total NOOB at art and paintshop pro 10 and I need help. Im not sure if this is hard to do or really easy though.

I have this camo background tile (not my work) Image

Now this makes sense in the current times but in 2552 (Halo PC Game) camo is transparent and only shows a faint outline of the body.

So here is what I need
-This camo above with a layer above it that looks like halo camo wich is also able to be tiled
OR
-Plain tileable halo camo
OR
-The camo pattern above is made nearly transparent in the halo form of camo but you can still see the faint shades of green

Thanks! And its good yo be back.
Ihave5gigsofRAM
supreme nerd

Postby Jonathon » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:28 pm

I don't know if this is what you mean but if it isn't you'll have to explain better.

Jonathon
nerd god

Postby Ihave5gigsofRAM » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:29 pm

No not really I want the original camo faded out so the colors are faint but not to faint. Then over the faded camo I want the Halo type of camo. Image
This is an action figure but thats about what it looks like. (the halo camo that is)

What I want the halo camo to do on the regular camo is follow the lines. What i mean by that is that it follows the lines where two different shades meet like it does on the above action figure along the curves and corners of its body.

Thats the best i can do to explain it, Thanks for your help!
Ihave5gigsofRAM
supreme nerd

Postby hubble » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:18 pm

i'm gonna say this now, whey! [ translation: derbyshire slang for ha ha, more jokey, less mean.]
"Hubble was strong, a gifted athlete,charming, immenseley good looking-
It all seemed too good to be true. It was. For all his gifts, Edwin Hubble was also an inveterate liar."
hubble

Postby Ihave5gigsofRAM » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:54 pm

I don't remember you being this entraining. Also that pic of House you have makes me feel like I am actually having a sarcasm filled conversation with him.
Ihave5gigsofRAM
supreme nerd

Postby God » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:00 am

Well, for halo camo, you gotta do a clone stamp over the action figure, and then select the outline of the action figure, make a new layer with only the camo pattern on it, then select inverse and hit delete. turn the opacity of thi layer down to about 25%, and voila! A kinda active camouflage-y action figure. (Note: You may want to scale down the camo pattern to make it look better.)
"Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners."
-Vladmir Lenin
God
nerd god

Return to Graphics