It is currently Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:32 am

Psychology

Psychology

Postby house4eva » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:40 am

every time i leave that class, i always find out something new. so i thought i would post them:

1) its been shown that people who date each other, are generally more likely to be rated the same, attraction wise.

2) interesting case study. some of you maay have heard of this. there were boy twins, and they went to get circumcised, but the fisrt one,there was a malfunction of the machine, and he lost his penis, his parents was devasted and so deicided to raise him as a girl, (brenda) . they wanted to test weather were born with our gender, or it is something were born with. (its the whole nature VS nurture)

what do you think??

by the way, brenda was told that she was really a boy, the expirment went horibly wrong, and this particular study showed that gender is nature. this is just one study. "brenda" commited suicde, and so did his twin brother
smile...it makes people think your up to something :D
house4eva
nerd god

Re: Psychology

Postby chuck norris » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:44 pm

Why did the other commit suicide?

I think it depends on what you mean, some aspects of people can't be changed by what they think, but somethings can.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams
chuck norris
nerd god

Postby house4eva » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:21 pm

basically, even though brian (the normal one), when he was told, he was still SHOCKED and devatsed, and he rejected "brenda"

it was said that brian was schizophrenia and mental disturbances and then he commit suicide and then the "brenda's" life was shit, and then he commited sucide to (on my birhtday)

thats another reason why this case study is not reliable, the twin brother had schizophrenia and mental disturbances, so we dont know if he was like that, from genes, or from the study. this case also shows how Doctors can expolit people in studys.

the guy who carried out the study, Dr money....he was a sick pervet, he was soooo concerned that his thoery (nuture...not nature) was proved right, he would ask the twins intimate questions, and at a young age :shock:

it was alleged, that, Dr money, took drastic meausres, he told the twins to undress in front of each other, and showed that they were different...physicaly... and took picutres....
house4eva
nerd god

Postby giggitygiggity » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:50 am

Do you have any links?
giggitygiggity
supreme nerd

Postby house4eva » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:44 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/program ... mary.shtml

to read and

tried to find the documentary on utube. but lost interset :? its was from Horizon
house4eva
nerd god

Return to People