It is currently Thu May 28, 2015 9:50 am

An Upgraded Nerd Test

News from NerdTests.com

Postby idk » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:53 am

welshnerd wrote:After all nerdiness is basically the quest in which you wish to master whatever you are attempting to achieve or participating in.

For example, with chess you can merely play chess for fun, but you can play chess continually just to better yourself and to master all the techniques and possible situations that may arise.

I love strategy games such as Age of Empires & Command & Conquer, even LOTR BFME as you need tactical awareness.

I am very defensive and mastermind my attack plan while being besieged by the opponent, then when the moment is true I counter attack with all but my elite troops, then when the enemy is forced back to its own gates my elite units perform the final push to win.

As Easy as that.

Oh god, I LOVE Command & Conquer!!!

I"ll hide my army in/behind my base, I'll set good defences, wait untill they exhauste their army on the failing attack, then I strike :wink:
idk
supreme nerd

Postby MileHighGeekGuy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:10 pm

I have played all of those games, and in all of them one tactic wins every time.

Get hotkeys memorized, then work on building a base in a systematic way as fast as possible.

And blow all you have on cheap troops, then just attack and attack.

This works in multi player as well as single player.

Though there are times when this strategy is not optimal, it works more than any other that I have tried.
MileHighGeekGuy
nerd god

Postby idk » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:28 pm

MileHighGeekGuy wrote:I have played all of those games, and in all of them one tactic wins every time.

Get hotkeys memorized, then work on building a base in a systematic way as fast as possible.

And blow all you have on cheap troops, then just attack and attack.

This works in multi player as well as single player.

Though there are times when this strategy is not optimal, it works more than any other that I have tried.

this is a good strategy if your more for "berserking" or rushing the enemy. Although I personally like to make a arge army, and occasionally send a small attack force to the enemy base (if I'm playing the Allied side it will be paratroopers, or a few harriers/Black Hawks(RA2-RA2 Yuri's Revenge South Korean Allied team.) but if I"m soviet, it will be a few apocalypse tanks (I can decimate any teams base with an attack force of 6+ Apocalypse tanks.
idk
supreme nerd

Postby MileHighGeekGuy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:31 pm

Yes, that works, eventually.

But what is the use if you can just wipe them out in 10 minutes with a rush?

Though some would consider that just making a crazed effort to win isn't as fun as letting them build up and making the game last two hours.
MileHighGeekGuy
nerd god

Postby idk » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:49 pm

MileHighGeekGuy wrote:Yes, that works, eventually.

But what is the use if you can just wipe them out in 10 minutes with a rush?

Though some would consider that just making a crazed effort to win isn't as fun as letting them build up and making the game last two hours.

yes, a longer game, certainly more fun, you have to incorperate spies into fun attacks to, use them against the power plants, disable power, dissable AA defence, (flak cannons and Patriot Missiles use power.) then you can attack with jets, then swarm them with tanks or foot soldiers.
idk
supreme nerd

Postby welshnerd » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:52 pm

My number 1 favourite tactic works best in C&C Generals.

I play as China on me versus 7 other users, I quickly build radar and a second supply truck, then a second dozer whil building a nuclear power plant.

After that I build a barracks with one dozer hile building a gatting gun, then I quickly build bunkers either side.

It works a treat. 3 gattling guns and 2 bunkers containing bazooka troops around my base.

Then before I run out of money I create hackers, about 50 and tell them to hack, I then have an endless supply of money.

I ususally create lots of red guard and battlemaster tanks and storm the enemy.

But if I feel like thinking with a tactic I chose the GLA, which is good fun.
welshnerd
nerd god

Postby ATP » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:49 pm

I really like C&C. I got pretty good at it, I think... Haven't played it in a long time; maybe I should find the CD... There was an error with that, though. I think it had to do with the computer it happened to. As soon as the game started, both bases exploded.
"Joy is in the ears that hear."
---Saltheart Foamfollower, The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant
ATP
mature nerd

Previous

Return to NerdTests.com News