It is currently Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:48 am

Destruction!!

Re: Destruction!!

Postby welshnerd » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:35 pm

BlackMumba wrote:I have finally been able rid the addiction of watching TV. Repeat after me people, TV is destructive!! . Now I have so much more time on my hands.

If you want a more constructive life follow these steps:

1) Walk to the TV.
2)Pick up the TV.
3)Walk to the window (preferably an up stairs window).
4)Let the TV go outside the window.

What do you guys think?

FutureAstronaut wrote:Depends. Someone could say that about the computer.

It really depends what you are watching...

Why is it that the Nazi book burning comes to mind?
welshnerd
nerd god

TV

Postby EdTheN00bProgrammer » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:24 am

I don't really watch TV any more - I just find better and more constructive things to be doing on the computer.

I might occasionally watch it if there is Doctor Who, James Bond or some other good program or film on, but otherwise, I rarely do. I just find that most of what is on is really, really dull - I'm just not that interested in cooking. The news is nearly all biased rubbish designed to trick people into thinking that they'll die the next day if they don't vote for the people who are fighting The so-called War against Terrorism (T.W.A.T.s) being repeated every 20 minutes. I can't see much point in soaps - I don't need to add imaginary social problems to my life. Today's documentaries are usually very poorly done dramas excused by the title 'drama documentary' or documentaries filled with pretty animations and poor analogies yet little actual information (Britain's Channel 4 String Theory series springs to mind).
Culture is boring - reject it.
Hobbies are interesting - indulge in them.
Be a nerd.
EdTheN00bProgrammer
wise nerd

Postby ATP » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:22 pm

And so we've discovered the root of the growing stupidity of the American Public. Why can't there be educational pop-ups on computers to compel people to learn? Would that even work? People are so lazy minded nowadays...
"Joy is in the ears that hear."
---Saltheart Foamfollower, The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant
ATP
mature nerd

Re: TV

Postby welshnerd » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:29 am

EdTheN00bProgrammer wrote:I don't really watch TV any more - I just find better and more constructive things to be doing on the computer.

I might occasionally watch it if there is Doctor Who, James Bond or some other good program or film on, but otherwise, I rarely do. I just find that most of what is on is really, really dull - I'm just not that interested in cooking. The news is nearly all biased rubbish designed to trick people into thinking that they'll die the next day if they don't vote for the people who are fighting The so-called War against Terrorism (T.W.A.T.s) being repeated every 20 minutes. I can't see much point in soaps - I don't need to add imaginary social problems to my life. Today's documentaries are usually very poorly done dramas excused by the title 'drama documentary' or documentaries filled with pretty animations and poor analogies yet little actual information (Britain's Channel 4 String Theory series springs to mind).

This is a good reason not to buy Sky, paying just to have the privilage to watch more bollocks. Some television is good, but sadly god tv is a minority of programmes currently on air. It is a pretty sorry state of affairs. More of this stems from the media chasing so called celebrities around all the time. Reality television shows I have never like with the exception of Coal House in the United Kingdom which is literally a documentary.
welshnerd
nerd god

Previous

Return to Television